Career Exploration Grants
Questions and Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Grant
The Career Exploration Grant helps dancers explore a second career path by taking a preliminary course or apprenticeship before committing to a retraining program. The grant is meant to be used in conjunction with other career exploration activities, such as counselling, mentorship and/or independent research.
Please confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria for the Career Exploration Grant.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional performance, 3 of which were spent in Canada
- Fully paid member in good standing for at least 3 consecutive years
- Must have danced a minimum of 30 months during the 5 year minimum performance period. Exemptions may be made if the member must cease their professional dance career for medical reasons
- A copy of your CV with performance dates to reflect the performance period
- Up to $1,000 per member throughout the duration of their membership.
- Members wishing to apply for a Career Exploration Grant must notify the Centre of their intention in advance of the application deadline.
- Members are required to complete and submit the Online Inquiry Form below.
- A preliminary course or apprenticeship in a field of interest.
Members have the option to take the Retraining Grant in year 4 if the Career Exploration Grant was taken in the same subject matter and they wanted to continue along that path.
Members are eligible to apply for the grant at the beginning of the 3rd year of membership.
Grant Payments and Reimbursements
Skills, Career Exploration and Retraining Grants
Once your grant has been approved, you may receive your funding or reimbursement in one of two ways:
1. Submit receipts for reimbursement
Receipts must clearly indicate what they are for and that the amount being requested has been paid in full. Along with your receipts, please submit a note which summarizes the enclosed receipts, states the amount expected to be reimbursed and confirms your current mailing address.
2. Have your training institution invoice the DTRC directly
If you would like the DTRC to pay your institution directly, they must invoice us.
A sponsorship letter can be provided to the institution upon request.
Career Exploration Online Application Form
Members are required to complete the Online Intent Form below.
Click here to download the Mentorship application form: Career-Exploration-Grant-Mentorship-Application-Form.pdf
Please Note: Submissions and questions are received by email@example.com.