Join the DTRC
Join the hundreds of professional dancers who are members of the DTRC
Join the hundreds of professional dancers who are members of the DTRC.
Membership Year: September 1 – August 31
• Please complete the form below.
Online payment is by credit card (VISA or MasterCard) only.
• Should you require an alternate payment method or payment plan contact email@example.com.
Membership in the Dancer Transition Resource Centre is open to all professional dancers legally entitled to work in Canada, and to Canadian professional dancers working abroad. The dancer must be at least 18 years of age, be actively looking for dance performance opportunities, and:
- have at least one professional dance performance within the past four years;
- be an emerging dancer who has undertaken specialized training (see below) within the past two years.
DTRC recognizes communities define what “professional” means in their own context. Thus, the term “professional” is defined differently by different cultures and dance practices. DTRC acknowledges this and seeks to be inclusive of all communities by using the definition of “professional dancer” within the form below.
- Membership fees are based on your gross annual earnings from the previous tax year as a dancer/interpreter, including all performance-related activity (i.e., creation, rehearsal and performance).
- For example, if paying fees for the 2023/2024 membership year, the amount is based on your performance-related income for the 2022 tax year.
- You will be asked to select a pay bracket from the fees list that corresponds to these gross annual earnings.
- The annual membership fee minimum is $75 and maximum is $250.
- Members in financial need may request a payment plan to remit their fees.