on the MOVE – Toronto 2020
on the MOVE / danseTRANSIT
What is OTM
on the MOVE is a FREE professional development event for graduating students and emerging dance artists of all genres. We welcome you into the professional community with lively panels, workshops and networking activities.
Success, in the business of dance, will extend beyond what you’ve learned in-studio. Let us give you the advantage so that you can make an inspired leap into the profession. It’s everything you need to know to get the edge in your dance career!
January 24, 2020
Meridian Hall (1 Front St E, Toronto)
with Kevin Ormsby
Milestone Content goes here
What does success mean in dance? Whether it be in different stages of your career, within your creative processes or in you life goals, dance is a form that often eludes one distinction of a ‘successful’ career.
with Lua Shayenne, Jaz FairyJ (Jasmyn Fyffe), and Jera Wolfe; moderated by Jennifer Goodwin
Teaching happens in dance in so many ways, disciplines, spaces, and approaches. We explore what teaching dance is, along with processes and practices that will serve you within movement education work and life.
with Ayesatta Conteh, Lenny De La Pena (Flavorshop), and Ming-Bo Lam; moderated by Christopher House
Curious about contracts? Wondering if the last performance fee you were offered is fair? Hear from dance service organizations about professional standards and what to expect when you’re tackling the business side of your dance activities.
with Fabien Maltais-Bayda (CADA), Jennie Apps (CAEA), and Robert Sauvey (DUO); moderated by Jon ‘Drops’ Reid (DTRC)
Dance work costs money! So, where do we find the money for projects, innovative ways to fund our creative practice, or to develop sustainable models of fundraising? In this panel, we discuss a variety of approaches, resources and, of course, how to find the money!
with Catalina Fellay-Dunbar (TAC), Amelia Ehrhardt and more Miss Coco Murray; moderated by Shannon Litzenberger
- Creating & Producing with Melissa Hart
- Creative Advocacy with Roshanak Jaberi
- Auditioning for Recorded Work (TV/ Film/Music Videos) with Christina de la Cruz
- Building a Portfolio Career with Michael Caldwell
- Business of Teaching with Diana Reyes
- Getting the Gig (Theatre & Live Performance) with Laurence Lemieux
- Dance Agency with Sandra Gillis and Stephen Greig
- Life Fulfillment Outside of Dance with Andrea Nann
- Inter-disciplinary Practice with Freya Olafson
- Working Abroad with Allen Kaeja
- Musical Theater & Cruise Touring with Kevin Wong
- Healthy Mind & Body with Matt Eldridge
with Grace Smith
End of Day