Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Marketing Coordinator- Propeller Dance
Location: Ottawa, Ontario and remote, Ottawa
Company: Propeller Dance
Position: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Marketing Coordinator
Term: Part time, contract
Application Deadline: 10/27/2023
Posted Date: 10/16/2023
Do you want to help make the arts community more diverse and equitable? Join Propeller Dance to be part of this effort. Propeller Dance has created an Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility Plan (IDEA Plan) with QuakeLab. We are looking for an IDEA Coordinator to help us put this plan into action.
The ideal candidate should have:
• programming skills
• marketing and social media skills
• A dance or movement background is preferred, but not required.
This is a contract role that will start on December 4, 2023 and end on May 15, 2024 (negotiable). The pay is $17,325 + HST (if applicable) for 22.5 hours per week (3 days) for 22 weeks (4.5 months). The number of hours per week is negotiable and can be spread over 5-8 months. This is a self-employment contract, so the contractor is responsible for taxes and contributions to EI, CPP, and personal retirement savings. No benefits are provided.
You can work hybrid or from Propeller’s office at the Great Canadian Theatre Company in Ottawa.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Help the organization become more diverse by following the new IDEA plan. The main goal is to increase diversity in the organization’s activities and programs.
• Create and organize events for students and people from racialized neighborhoods in Ottawa.
• Find IBPOC artists and partners to work with.
• Build relationships with community and arts organizations that serve IBPOC communities in Ottawa.
• Make sure Propeller’s programs are inclusive of people from diverse and intersecting backgrounds and experiences.
• Track progress and make changes as needed.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
• Manage the organization’s marketing and communications, including social media, newsletters, posters, and promotions.
• Help promote Propeller’s shows and programs.
• Share information about Propeller with underserved communities. Use feedback to improve the organization’s equity and inclusion goals.
• Develop and conduct an audit to ensure accessibility.
• Create a plan to hire more Deaf/low hearing staff, instructors, and dancers.
• Research dance-based ASL training for all current staff, contractors, instructors, and dancers.
• Apply for funding dedicated to offering ASL training for staff, contractors, and instructors.
Qualifications and Skills
• Must be entrepreneurial and able to build and maintain relationships in IBPOC communities.
• Experience with inclusion and diversity initiatives.
• Strong marketing and social media skills.
• Creative thinker, open-minded
• Self-motivated and able to work on your own
• Detail-oriented with strong administrative skills
• Excellent coordination abilities.
• Experience working with people of different abilities and neurodiversity including physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial disabilities.
• Dance and performing arts experience is a plus, but not required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of French is a plus, but not required.
How to apply
- Those interested should send resumes in confidence to Jaime Alink at email@example.com
- To apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter in English, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please include a sample of writing. This could include marketing or web content, grant applications, reports or press releases.
Only selected candidates will receive an invitation to an interview.
All applications are in confidence.
Deadline: Friday October 27, 2023, at 5:00pm
Interviews will take place online or in person.
Dates for interviews: Week of November 6th
Candidates selected for an interview will hear from us by Wednesday November 1st.
The candidate offered the contract will hear from us by Tuesday November 21 or earlier.
Video or audio applications are welcome. If you have other access needs during the interview process, please inform us as soon as possible. We will make every effort to fulfill your accommodation request.
Propeller Dance is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and lived experiences. We are especially interested to hear from candidates having lived experience of discrimination. This includes those who are IBPOC, deaf, disabled, or neurodivergent.
We encourage interested candidates with 60% of qualifications to apply. This includes those who are IBPOC, LGBTQ+, women, or other gender minorities.
We are offering $75 to candidates selected for interviews.