All Member Services
helping dancers make necessary transitions
Dance is one of the most demanding professions, physically, emotionally and financially. The Dancer Transition Resource Centre (DTRC) works with professional dancers on an individual basis, providing compassionate support and practical services to address all stages of the career.
Dancers are better able to reach their potential while performing; prepare in advance for life after dance; and pursue meaningful and fulfilling second careers when a life on stage is no longer possible.
DTRC operates as a membership-based organization. Hundreds of professional dancers across Canada are members of the DTRC and have access to:
- Personal Counselling, Career Counselling, Financial Counselling, Legal Counselling, Employability Coaching, Entrepreneurship Coaching.
- Grants & Awards – to develop transferable skills, explore second career options, and retrain for parallel or second careers
- Online Job Board
- Online Member/Alumni Network
- Mentoring/Job Shadowing Opportunities
- Services for All Dancers
All Dancers’ Services
The DTRC also operates as a resource centre for the dance community, providing:
- Workshops and Conferences
- on the MOVE/danse TRANSIT conference for emerging dance artists
- Referrals to counsellors on a fee-for-service basis
- Opportunities to speak with DTRC staff and representatives about issues within a dance career
As a world leader in the field of transition, the DTRC is often consulted on needs and trends within the dance community and invited to speak at conferences, events and workshops focused on transition.
- Read about research projects into dance and the needs of artists
- Learn how you can support the DTRC and dancers in transition
- Post a Job for DTRC members and alumni